Applications due:Wednesday, December 15th, 2010 (23:59 Samoan time)
Notification:Saturday, January 15th, 2011
An opportunity for having an active and interactive experience during AOSD 2011
The Student Volunteer program is a great opportunity for young students to stay tuned on recent scientific and technical advances in Aspect-Oriented Software Development (AOSD). Great conferences have motivated the active participation of grad and undergrad students as a way to improve their interaction with other young students and senior researchers/practitioners. The AOSD 2011 Student Volunteer program will follow the same philosophy of providing an opportunity to students having an active and interactive experience in the conference and developing your personal skills and social network.
Special Call for Students From European Universities -
Funded by AOSD-Europe
The Student Volunteer program from AOSD 2011 will provide 10
specific slots funded by AOSD-Europe for graduate students from
- The applications will be judged on the relevance of the student
work to AOSD, the potential extension of the AOSD community via
integration of related work from new/underrepresented research
groups, and the circumstances of individual students. Please note
that the members of active AOSD groups will not be unfairly
What you get
- Free student registration for the conference.
- One free banquet ticket.
- Organized social: we will plan a social event among all of the volunteers during one evening of the conference.
- Excellent networking opportunities: when on duty, supervising a room or being at the desk provides natural networking opportunities.
- When on duty: a high chance to be assigned to the tutorials, workshops, demonstrations or other events of interest to you.
- When not on duty: free admission to all events of interest to you, if space is available.
What you provide
- 15-20 hours of work in total.
- Technical assistance for the main conference sessions, workshops, tutorials, demonstrations, spring school, student extravaganza or evening events.
- Help at the registration desk.
- Help in arranging, rearranging and disassembling conference facilities.
- Technical assistance to speakers and conference participants.
- Enrollment as a full-time student during the 2010-2011 academic year.
- Willingness to be friendly (no natural outgoing personality required, just a strong desire to do a good job).
- Proficiency in English.
- Proficiency in other languages is an advantage.
How to Apply
Please send your application in English by email to the Student Volunteers Chairs at volunteers at aosd.net. The Student Volunteers Chairs will confirm receipt of the submission. Your application should include:
- Top five reasons you should be chosen (examples of leadership, ambition, experience, outgoingness, interest/experience in AOSD)
- Contact name, phone number, and email address of a faculty member at your institution (Supervisors might be contacted to confirm the appropriateness of the candidates.)
- Your date of arrival
In the event that your student volunteer application is not accepted, you may still register using the early registration rate. Please contact registration at aosd.net.
If you have further questions please contact one of the Student Volunteers Chairs (Uirá Kulesza or Eddy Truyen) at volunteers at aosd.net.