The site http://travel.state.gov has information about obtaining a visa for those traveling to the United States. The site has links to websites for U.S. embassies and consulates worldwide. The embassy and consulate websites have very helpful information about procedures, timelines, communities served, required documentation, and fees.
If you need a special invitation letter to attend Modularity'15 on a visa, please make a letter request to the General Co-Chair (Sudipto Ghosh) by sending an email to ghosh at cs.colostate.edu with the following information:
- Name: [Given Name] [FAMILY NAME].
- Mailing Address: [Postal address, incl. ZIP/postal code, country]
- Embassy/Consulate: [Country/Address]
- Embassy Fax number: [number, incl. intl. area code]
- Reason for the request (e.g., to attend as author of a conference or workshop paper)
- Author/Presenter: [YES/NO].
- If yes, title and type: [Title] [Paper/Poster/...]
- If an author, the title of your paper and list of co-authors
- Any additional information that you may need in your letter to document your participation at the conference
- Confirmation of registration (Note: visa support letters will be issued only after the payment of the registration fee.)